|Snorkeling is the easiest way to explore the fascinating underwater world! The Discover Snorkeling class is designed to introduce participants to safe procedures and techniques for an enjoyable snorkeling adventure.
First you'll watch a video titled Discover the Underwater World. This presentation focuses on the sights and experiences of open water snorkeling and provides simple tips to make snorkeling easier. The Snorkeler's Field Guide follows along with the video, presenting the same philosophy.
After viewing the Discover Snorkeling video you will be fitted for the Snorkeling equipment you will be using during the class. Then it is off to the pool where you'll spend approximately one hour learning and applying skills such as mask defogging, water entries, exits, use of fins and surface dives.
Plan on approx. 1.5 hours to complete both sessions.
- 1 classroom session
- 1 pool session
YOU WILL NEED
- Completed course forms - Snorkeling Form (pdf)
- Mask, Fins & Snorkel (may be rented - $20)
- Snorkeling vest (may be rented - $5)
- Snorkeling Field Guide Book - $15.95
- Transportation to and from pool
- Swimsuit, towel and a smiling face!