Beginning Certification (PADI Open WATER DIVER)
WARNING- flying weightless while breathing under water is extremely addicting! Yep, this is the adventure of a lifetime. Challenge yourself to explore the other 2/3 of our planet, the Sea!
If you've always wanted to learn how to scuba dive, this is where it starts! Coral Key Scuba has taught thousands of people how to dive in our 20+ years. So we have seen it all and you can't scare us. You aren't unique in this matter. Every person has the same old concerns and we have heard them all. By the way, there are no sharks in our pool. The PADI Open Water Diver course is the world's most popular scuba course - worldwide! Your certification is recognized globally!
C'mon Jump In, the water's fine!
Computers in the Classroom
Instead of learning to use the RDP (dive tables), all of our Open Water Diver students will train with their very own Oceanic dive computer. Computers have become standard piece of equipment for today’s scuba divers, so we feel a new diver should learn how to use and understand this essential, but uncomplicated piece of equipment from the start.
- 10 years of age or older (Kids ages 10 to 15 must have parent/guardian present.)
- Basic swimming ability - Students complete a continuous 200 yard swim or 300 yard swim with mask, snorkel & fins and 10 minute tread/float
- Completion of all eLearning assignments before the start of class
- Completion of Medical form - If you answer "YES" to any of the medical question you MUST have a signed doctors release before the start of the course
Getting Started – Register and Complete PADI eLearning
Register for PADI Open Water eLearning ($174 paid directly to PADI) to get started with your training TODAY! All course materials are presented in an interactive online environment. Students complete all reviews and exams online, decreasing the amount of time needed in a classroom.
CLICK HERE to purchase/register for eLearning and get started today.
All Chapters/Modules of the Student Materials MUST be completed prior to the first class
Step 1: Classroom Instruction and Pool Instruction
Select the class and pool schedule that meets your needs. Never fear, private courses are always available; please give us a call with any questions. (Additional fees apply with private courses.)
Students receive personal instruction from a professional PADI instructor and receive a class introduction, take a Quick Review quiz and get fitted for equipment.
Students learn the basic scuba diving techniques that make your diving experience safe and enjoyable. This portion of the course gives confidence with scuba equipment and the ability to perform basic skills to become a safe diver.
Step 2: Certification Dives
Select the Student divers make 4 dives over 2 days in Open Water performing the same skills practiced during pool dives.
Certification Options & Locations
Local (Coral Sea) Join us during the summer months at Coral Key's OWN private lake, the Coral Sea, less than 5 minutes from our store.
Blue Hole (NM) - Join us during the winter months in Santa Rosa, New Mexico, approximately 5.5 hours from Denver. (Additional $50 to the package price, and you must provide your own transportation, lodging and meals.)
Group Trip - Come join us on one of our instructor lead, exotic diving vacations, offered year around. This option provides a great opportunity to meet other divers of all backgrounds and skill levels.
Referral Packet - This kit contains everything needed to complete your open water certification dives through another PADI facility. Let us arrange your certification dives with the dive operation at your travel destination. There will be additional cost payable to the facility completing your dives, we will also reward you $75 of credit towards your next dive class with us.
- Step 1 - Classroom Instruction and Pool Dives
- Step 2 - Certification Dives
- PADI Certification Card
- Rental Scuba Equipment, except personal gear: Mask, Fins Snorkel (may be rented for additional cost), and Booties
- DAN Student Membership info
You Will Need
- PADI eLearning
- Personal Gear - Mask, Fins, Snorkel (maybe rented), Booties
- Lake User Fee / Park Pass
- Transportation of gear and student
- Meals (except for local certification)
- Accommodations (except for local certification)
- Changing course dates within 10 days prior to the start of the original course will result in a $50 transfer fee, added to your course cost.
- Package prices are listed as per person and do not include - Mask, Fins & Snorkel (may be rented) & Booties.
- Blue Hole/winter certification dives require an additional cost of $50, a minimum of 6 students and does not include transportation, lodging, or meals.
- eLearning: $174 paid directly to PADI by the student for the eLearning online course.