Are you ready for the Adventure of a lifetime?
Cuba’s Jardines de la Reina or ‘Gardens of the Queen’ was named by Christopher Columbus to honor Queen Isabella of Spain. It is located 60 miles off the southeastern coast of Cuba and is the largest marine reserve in the Caribbean. In 1996, the area was declared a National Park and has been protected and managed for conservation ever since. The Gardens of the Queen National Park encompasses a chain of 250 pristine coral and mangrove islands extending along 75 miles of clear, turquoise water. It is also widely recognized to represent one of the healthiest marine ecosystems in the Caribbean.
Divers will see pristine coral reefs, steep walls dropping from the reef crest into the deep, large populations of fish including Goliath grouper weighing up to 400 lbs., large schools of multiple snapper species, large rainbow and midnight parrot fish, eagle rays, sea turtles and much more. Additionally, several species of sharks are commonly seen including silky, Caribbean reef, black tip, lemon, Hammerhead, and nurse sharks, plus the occasional whale shark.
You will spend 7 nights on-board the Jardines Aggressor II liveaboard yacht exploring the spectacular Gar- dens of the Queen (Jardines de la Reina) National Park. During the week, Cuban specialists will host nightly discussions and presentations on the marine environment, conservation, and the importance of this magnificent ecosystem. Interactive exchanges will discuss how Cuba has maintained one of the healthiest marine ecosystems in the Caribbean.
Details finalizing now. This trip retails with Airfare normally at $8,000. Our price will be $4,585 + Air.
Inclusions: Note: This list is being updated as we gather more information
• Round Trip Airport/Hotel/Aggressor Transfers
• 7 nights’ accommodations aboard Jardines Aggressor Liveaboard
• All meals, snacks, nonalcoholic beverages, local beer/wine
• Complimentary local beer and wines
• Up to 5 dives a day with tanks, weights & weight belts
• Conservation Program
Coral Key Escorts - Freddy
4 day add on Excursion to Havana. RT transfers to / from Havana. See below for information
Round trip airfare. Available to book Jan 2020
Personal diving gear
Nitrox (approx $100)
Departure Tax (approx $25 cash at airport)
Port Fee $190, Marine Park Fee $125
Dinner on the Final Evening in Port
Diving insurance (DAN)
Trip insurance (DAN)
Havana Land Tour Package pricing:
$2,295/person based on double occupancy $750.00 to book your space, final payment due 60 days prior to departure.
Your Trip Includes:
* 4 nights in Havana, and Viñales, Cuba
* All meals are included in this itinerary (two “mixed” National drinks with dinner)
* Ground transportation within Cuba via Vintage American Cars
* All accommodations while visiting Cuba (Private Bed & Breakfast).
* Entrance fees when applicable.
* All gratuities.
* Experienced tour guides (English, Spanish, Portuguese and French speaking are available).
* Baggage fees for overage
* Travel insurance, which is highly recommended for all travelers
Itinerary SANTA CLARA – HAVANA, CUBA
Pick-up from Santa Clara Airport and transfer to Havana. Stop on way for a quick lunch, arrival into the Havana area around 5:00pm. Settle into the Casas Particulars and small rest period prior to dinner.
7:00pm - Dinner is included: El Jardin Head out after dinner to see the beauty of Havana at Night. A casual walk around Central Park (Parque Central) in Old Havana for some music and site seeing. We will stroll past the Capital Building (Capitolio), the National Museum of Beautiful Arts (Museo Nacional de las Bellas Artes) and the Grand Theater (Gran Teatro). In the evenings, these architectural beauties are powerful and elegant with dramatic lighting effects.
9::00am – Breakfast included - Today, we tour Havana’s Old Town (La Habana Vieja), which in 1982 was awarded UNESCO Heritage Site status. You will walk through squares surrounded by the impressive baroque and neoclassic-style buildings that have made Havana one of the most architecturally significant cities in the Americas. Along the way, we visit The Cathedral Square and tour the inside of one of the oldest Cathedrals in the Western Hemisphere. This stop is a favorite of all religious denominations because of the building’s history and beauty.
* Casual stop at La Bodeguita del Medio to enjoy Hemingway’s favor Mojito Bar. Additional, exploration of the streets of old Havana this morning, walk among the people of the country and see how life occurs in this mysterious island. Casual Lunch is Included while exploring the City, of Havana. * Panoramic tour of Havana: Plaza of the Revolution (Plaza de La Revolucion), University of Havana, Fifth Avenue (5ta Avenida) and the famous seawall (El Malecon).
* The next stop is the Hotel Nacional, a historical luxury hotel, circa 1930. There are terrific sunset views of Havana and El Malecon from the hotel. (Cocktails on your own) Live Music. 8:00pm - Dinner is included: Los Balcones de Diego – Is a Paladar, run by a private family the meals here are amazing specializing in Seafood Paella’s. Jazz Music Club this evening, cover included (Cocktails on own)
HAVANA - VIÑALES, CUBA Early Breakfast at your residence. Today we move towards Vinales, the Western-most province of Cuba, famous for its rich soil, tobacco production and picturesque scenery. We will visit the charming village of Viñales nestled in the Sierra de los Organos mountains. Viñales Valley is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and settlement dating back to the Spanish colonial era. The area while quiet, is booming with excitement and a lively population. Upon arrival into the region, stop at the “Mirador” for great photographic opportunities of the Valley and its spectacular landscape. Lunch is included: Paladar Afternoon settle into our homes for the evening. Time to explore the quaint town and its small but lively Cathedral Plaza. Dinner is Included: El Campesino After dinner return to the town to stop at the local cafes, bars with music and the Casa De La Musica-filled with the energy and sounds of Cuba.
VIÑALES-HAVANA, CUBA - Breakfast at your residence . *The day is spent in one of the largest working farms in Vinales. (Tobacco rolling, coffee exploration, hiking and natural park caves). Horseback Riding or Oxen Carts are an option today as a way to travel inside the farm area. Lunch is included: Casa Alec. Late afternoon we head back to Havana. Dinner is Included: El Cocinero Restaurante/
HAVANA, CUBA Breakfast at your residence. Preparation for departure to the Airport in Havana.
Travel authorized by license through the Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) that authorizes registered guests of our programs to legally travel to Cuba to participate and engage in a full time schedule of authorized exchange activities in Cuba, which will involve meaningful interaction between travelers and people in Cuba.