PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
You don't drive on your learners permit, why dive on your beginner license?
You don’t have to be “advanced” to take this class – it’s designed to advance your diving, so you can start right after earning your PADI Open Water Diver certification. This course substantially increases your comfort while building your confidence. You expand your scuba skills from the basics to the more advanced, and it shows in your diving. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
- 12 years or older (10-11 year old divers may participate in some dives)
- PADI Open Water Certification (or equivalent from another agency)
- Completion of assigned Knowledge Review sections in Adventures in Diving textbook prior to class start date
- Completion of course forms - if you answer "YES" to any questions on the Medical statement, you MUST have a signed doctor's release before the start of the course
Step 1: Classroom Instruction and Pool Instruction
As one of our students, one evening will be spent in the pool learning compass usage along with navigational techniques, search patterns and much more! The second evening is spent reviewing the information completed in the PADI Adventures in Diving Manual. Students will also discuss what to expect from different diving locations. Students will complete Knowledge Review sections in the PADI Adventures in Diving Manual in the following areas: Deep, Navigation, Night, Peak Performancy Buoyancy, Altitude, Multilevel and Computer, Search & Recovery, and Dry Suit to review in class and practice skills in the pool.
Step 2: Certification Dives
Student divers are required to make a total of 5 dives over at least 2 days. This in-water performance based section of the course includes 2 core dives (Deep and Navigation) as well as 3 elective dives.
Certification Options & Locations
Local (Coral Sea) - Join us during the summer months at Coral Key's OWN private lake, the Coral Sea, less than 5 minutes from our store.
Blue Hole (NM) - Join us during the winter months in Santa Rosa, New Mexico, approximately 5.5 hours from Denver. (Additional $50 to the package price, and you must provide your own transportation, lodging and meals.)
Group Trip - Come join us on one of our instructor-lead, exotic diving vacations offered year around. This option provides a great opportunity to meet other divers of all backgrounds and skill levels.
Referral Packet - This kit contains everything needed to complete your open water certification dives through another PADI facility. Let us arrange your certification dives with the dive operation at your travel destination. There will be additional cost payable to the facility completing your dives. We will also reward you $75 of credit towards your next dive class with us.
- Classroom & Pool Instruction
- Certification Dives (5 total dives)
- Student Materials - Adventures in Diving textbook
- PADI Certification Card
- Tanks, Weights, and Belt
- Use of Specialty Equipment (i.e., lift bags, etc.)
You Will Need
- Personal Diving Equipment (may be rented): Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Wetsuit, BC, Regulator, Dive Computer
- Dive Slate with Pencil
- Dive Specific Gear: Night Dive - Dive Lights (Primary, Backup & Marker), Altitude Dive - Altitude Slate, Multi-level Dive - ERDPml, etc
- Whistle & Signal Device (ie SMB - Surface Marker Buoy)
- Transportation of gear and student
- Meals (except for local certification)
- Accommodations (except for local certification)
- Changing course dates within 10 days prior to the start of the original course will result in a $50 transfer fee, added to your course cost.
- Package prices are listed as per person and do not include - Mask, Fins & Snorkel (may be rented) & Booties.
- Blue Hole/winter certification dives require an additional cost of $50, a minimum of 6 students and does not include transportation, lodging, or meals.
- eLearning: $174 paid directly to PADI by the student for the eLearning online course.