PADI Rescue Diver
As part of the Coral Key Rescue Course, you will also earn your provider level training in First Aid, AED & CPR and Oxygen.
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning.
- 12 years old+
- PADI Advanced Diver (or similar diving certification)
- Completion of eLearning assignments prior to class start date
- Completion of course forms - if you answer "YES" to any questions on the Medical statement, you MUST have a signed doctor's release before the start of the course
Step 1: Classroom Instruction and Pool Instruction
The class includes 2 classroom and 2 pool sessions. Classroom instruction includes First Aid, CPR & AED provider level training and certification on the first night of class and Oxygen provider training and review of classwork on the second night. Students will take a Quick Review Quiz to demonstration knowledge. Students need to complete the PADI Rescue Diver eLearning prior to the start of class.
CLICK HERE to sign up for PADI Rescue Diver eLearning and get started learning.
All Chapters/Modules of the Student Materials MUST be completed prior to the first class
Pool sessions will be held the second week of class where students will practice rescue scenarios including self rescue, recognizing and managing stress in other divers, emergency management and equipment, rescuing panicked divers and rescuing unresponsive divers.
Step 2: Certification Dives
Students apply scenario and rescue skills learned in the classroom and pool sessions in an Open Water setting. Students will complete 10 skills and 2 scenarios over 2 day at one of our certficiation locations.
Certification Options & Locations
Local (Coral Sea) Join us during the summer months at Coral Key's OWN private lake, the Coral Sea, less than 5 minutes from our store.
Blue Hole (NM) - Join us during the winter months in Santa Rosa, New Mexico, approximately 5.5 hours from Denver. (Additional $50 to the package price, and you must provide your own transportation, lodging and meals.)
Group Trip - Come join us on one of our instructor lead, exotic diving vacations, offered year around.
Referral Packet - This kit contains everything needed to complete your open water certification dives through another PADI facility. Let us arrange your certification dives with the dive operation at your travel destination.
- First Aid, CPR & AED Class/Certification
- Classroom & Pool Instruction
- Certification Dives
- PADI Certification Card
- Tanks, Weights, and Belt
- Oxygen Level Provider Class
You Will Need
- PADI Rescue Diver eLearning Online Course
- Rescue Diver Enhancement Kit
- Personal Diving Equipment (may be rented): Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Wetsuit, BC, Regulator, Dive Computer
- Transportation of gear and student
- Please understand that scheduling is important and has rippling effects if you change dates. Changing course dates within 10 days prior to the start of the original course will result in a $50 transfer fee, added to your course cost.
- Package prices are listed as per person and do not include - Mask, Fins & Snorkel (may be rented) & Booties.
- Blue Hole/winter certification dives requires an additional cost of $50, a minimum of 6 students and does not include transportation, lodging, or meals.
- eLearning: Fee paid directly to PADI by the student for the eLearning online course.
- Rescue Diver Enhancement Kit, $55 available at Coral Key Scuba & Travel.
- For students holding a current First Aid, CPR & AED provider certification, a credit of $75 will be issued. First Aid, CPR & AED class will held on the first night of class.