PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor
You have many choices when choosing where you will take your Instructor Training. Look no farther, as it doesn't get better than taking your Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) course from Coral Key Scuba & Travel - the ONLY training facility that has a PADI Platinum Course Director on staff in Colorado. This prestigious award is given to less than 80 Course Directors world wide for the excellence in instructor training. With over 21 years of training instructors and over 40 years of diving experience you are learning from the best.
- A PADI Assistant Instructor
- At least 60 logged dives and 100 dives to attend an IE (Instructor Examination)
- Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months
- You also need to be a Primary and Secondary Care Instructor, but you can earn this rating during your instructor training.
The OWSI teaches you how to conduct all PADI core courses. You’ll be able to organize and present information, conduct skill development sessions and control open water dives. Basically, you become a better public speaker and get really good at demonstrating skills while watching out for student diver safety.
Key topics include:
- PADI Standards and Procedures for courses you can teach with in water workshops
- Learning, Instruction and the PADI System
- Risk Management and Diver Safety
- The Business of Diving and your role as an instructor
- Marketing Diving and Sales Counseling
Upon completion of the OWSI, students will be prepared to attend an IE (Instructor Examination), which is a two-day evaluative program that tests an instructor candidate’s teaching ability, dive theory knowledge, skill level, understanding of the PADI System and attitude and professionalism. PADI IEs are standardized and conducted by specially trained PADI Instructor Examiners. The IE location, testing environment and examination sessions are organized to be as objective as possible to fairly and consistently evaluate a candidate’s abilities. Only those who meet the IE performance requirements earn the respected PADI Instructor certification. There is a fee for attending an IE.
- Classroom Instruction
- Pool Sessions
- Open Water Sessions
- Tanks, Weights and Belt
You Will Need
- PADI Student Folder
- Student Materials
- PADI Instructor Application Fee (Payable to PADI)
- Lake/Entrance Fees (Open Water Dive Site)
- Personal Diving Equipment
- 2 Passport Size Photos
- Any Additional Cost Associated With Primary/Secondary Care Instructor Training
- OWSI: June 29, 30, July 1, 2, 3, 5 (Thur, Fri, Mon, Thur 6pm to 10pm / Sat & Sun 7am-7pm)
- IE: July 8 & 9 (Denver)